Community Forum

Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

New Poster

Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

I purchased a Linksys DPC3008 | DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, only to realize it doesn't have a connector for the phone...what do I do now? Any way to get this to work so I can also use the phone as well? If not, what is the best cable modem to get that works on TV, Internet and Home Phone?

Valued Contributor

Re: Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

Most markets don't allow you to own your own EMTA which is what I assume you had before.  Some areas will sell you one but most of the time you are stuck renting one.  

Expert

There is only one customer-owned telephony modem (eMTA) approved by Comcast and that is an Arris TM722G purchased from Best Buy with a Comcast Connection Center. The customer-owned eMTA program is not available in all areas. With that said, some users have reported that they have been able to provision other telephony modems, YMMV.

I am not an employee.
New Poster

If I purchase Arris 722G which is a voice/cable modem, will I be able to connect the telephone along with cable, on xfinity in San Jose CA? I'm reading that the telephone may not be able to connect with a personal modem in many xfinity services around the country. Please confirm!

Expert

Some ppl have reported that Comcast will allow customer owned telephony modems. The only thing I can tell you is to call Comcast and give it a try.

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Can I get home phone to work with my Motorola 6141 modem, by buying a Ooma Telo Air VoIP wifi telephone bundle with a wifi adaptor?
Tks.
Expert

Canes11 wrote:
Can I get home phone to work with my Motorola 6141 modem, by buying a Ooma Telo Air VoIP wifi telephone bundle with a wifi adaptor?
Tks.

Do you have a wireless capable home networking router ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!