Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

New Poster

Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

I purchased a Linksys DPC3008 | DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, only to realize it doesn't have a connector for the phone...what do I do now? Any way to get this to work so I can also use the phone as well? If not, what is the best cable modem to get that works on TV, Internet and Home Phone?

Valued Contributor

Re: Cable modem but no way to connect the home phone

Most markets don't allow you to own your own EMTA which is what I assume you had before.  Some areas will sell you one but most of the time you are stuck renting one.  

Expert

There is only one customer-owned telephony modem (eMTA) approved by Comcast and that is an Arris TM722G purchased from Best Buy with a Comcast Connection Center. The customer-owned eMTA program is not available in all areas. With that said, some users have reported that they have been able to provision other telephony modems, YMMV.

New Poster

If I purchase Arris 722G which is a voice/cable modem, will I be able to connect the telephone along with cable, on xfinity in San Jose CA? I'm reading that the telephone may not be able to connect with a personal modem in many xfinity services around the country. Please confirm!

Expert

Some ppl have reported that Comcast will allow customer owned telephony modems. The only thing I can tell you is to call Comcast and give it a try.

New Poster

Can I get home phone to work with my Motorola 6141 modem, by buying a Ooma Telo Air VoIP wifi telephone bundle with a wifi adaptor?
Tks.
Expert

Canes11 wrote:
Can I get home phone to work with my Motorola 6141 modem, by buying a Ooma Telo Air VoIP wifi telephone bundle with a wifi adaptor?
Tks.

Do you have a wireless capable home networking router ?