Community Forum

CM1100 Software Issue

Frequent Visitor

CM1100 Software Issue

Could we please let the dev. team know i've gotten this error..

thank you

2018-10-12, 19:18:50 Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download -Incompatible SW file
2018-10-12, 19:17:29 Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_cm1100_gigabit_c01.cm
Expert

Re: CM1100 Software Issue

That was a few days ago, what does it look like now? Is the upgrade complete? Did you restart the modem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

To answer your question no it has not resolved yes I have rebooted and to add to that I have factory reset
Expert

@mnoia wrote:

Could we please let the dev. team know i've gotten this error..

thank you

2018-10-12, 19:18:50 Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download -Incompatible SW file
2018-10-12, 19:17:29 Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_cm1100_gigabit_c01.cm

FWIW, seen this many times before !! Seems that the system may be pushing a firmware for another Netgear model number of modem than the CM 1100. This may be better if escalated to a corporate employee by an Expert.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Hello,

I have escalated this issue to a Comcast Employee to help to further investigate.

Expert

Thanks @jweaver0312 !

Official Employee

Hi, mnoia. Thanks for posting. May I ask what exactly you're experiencing regarding this error you've received, are you experiencing connectivity issues? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing issues with the first fw that was released to our modems for testing.

the main issue i'm having is if i do a software reset, the modem completely messes up, and doesn't operate, so i have to do a hard reset from the reset unit itself.

Another issue i'm experiencing is running the unit for about 1-2 weeks, my speeds will degrade to 1/2 gig, and the only thing that fixes that is a factory reset, which bring myspeeds back up to a gig for a good week.

I'm hoping the new software fixes that issue.. 

I'm directed by Netgear to report these issues to Comcast

Thank you

Official Employee

Thanks for the information, mnoia. Are you experiencing those issues while hardwired as well then?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

i dont understand what you mean?

i never know comcast had a wireless signal to the pole. 

Official Employee

Do you have an ethernet cord that connects directly from your Netgear device to a laptop/desktop/PC?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, its hardwired
2gig from modem to router and 10gig fiber from router to network.
Official Employee

To confirm - you have a physical ethernet cord going from your router to your computer, is that correct?

Frequent Visitor

Can we please not think its my network.
Im a network engineer for a hospital.

Im reporting an issue with the software provided from comcast to modem.
Official Employee

We're not saying it's your network. In order for us to go down certain paths for a solution to the problem you're experiencing, certain factors do have to be confirmed. It's unlikely we'd be able to assist you in reaching a resolution without doing so. 

Frequent Visitor

can you please provide me what the latest version sw is being pushed to the netgear cm1100 modems?
Official Employee

Are you just looking for the bootfile?

Frequent Visitor

i am stating, 

i'm running firmware version 2.01.02

is that the current firmware being pushed out by xfinity?

my log states you guys are trying to push a newer version, but its currupted... thats why i'm reporting it.

i dont understand why you guys are making this harder then it is.

Official Employee

By simply informing us that Netgear wanted you to report a firmware error/issue, is not enough information for us to fully investigate this. We are not trying to make anything harder than it should be, but we need answers to certain questions in order to ensure accuracy. According to my reports, the bootfile you supplied (d11_m_cm1100_gigabit_c01.cm) is a proper/valid config file and there are no known issues with it at this time. To report an issue, more information is necessary. Firmware version V2.01.02 is what yours should be. 

Frequent Visitor

so what other answers would you like to know?

Official Employee

I'd like to pull up your device on my end at this point and look at some diagnostics. Please send me a private message with your name at your convenience and we'll go from there. 

Frequent Visitor

Is there anyone out that that can help relay this message from my original post?

If not, i'll just have to wait till the modem is released to the retail for sale, which most likely wont be done till comcast works out the bugs, the bugs that i'm trying to report.

Thank you ComcastMorgan for all your help, but it didn't get me anywhere. Sorry for wasting your time.

Official Employee

If we had the means to relay the message, we would. Unfortunately, there isn't a way we can do that for something like this. For beta testing of this nature, the reports need to go to the manufactures themselves who will handle the reports accordingly and do what is necessary to rectify and/or escalate the issue. 

Frequent Visitor

So heres my problem. Why didnt you just tell me that from the beginning? {removed for violating Community Guidlines and you may review them here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379}

Thank you, and have a nice day
-Marco N
Network Engineer

Official Employee

We cannot send off a request of any kind without supporting information. It was mentioned that your service concern was being escalated to an employee for further investigation not long after your original post. Part of that process involves a bit of back and forth in order to obtain necessary information. The device you have is one we have already certified for retail and once it was clear about you being involved specifically in a beta testing program for that model of modem, that was when I had a sufficient amount of information to confirm that you would in fact need to go through Netgear and Netgear only for support regarding your software report.