Community Forum

CM1000

Frequent Visitor

CM1000

Could you provide feedback on my modem's  (Netgear CM1000) signal levels?  I have Gigabit Internet service, but am only getting consistently around 550Mbps; however, my uploads are dramatically improved since the upgrade.  Thanks for your time and efforts!

screencapture-192-168-100-1-2019-01-25-11_21_31.png

Expert

Re: CM1000

The downstream power is very high ! Is there an amplifier on the coax line leading to the modem ? If so, try removing it and see what happens. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for your response.  I checked, and sure enough there was an amplifier on the line.  I removed the amplifier, unfortunately my speed did not increase.  I've included my updated power levels and event log.  Thanks again!

Here's the links in case the images don't display correctly:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/161875446@N03/1DjGf1

https://flic.kr/p/2djHB1f

screencapture-192-168-100-1-2019-01-25-17_52_48.pngscreencapture-192-168-100-1-2019-01-26-08_13_57.png

Expert

Your signals are just about perfect now. There is a gigabit troubleshooting guide here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/td-p/3145413...

You might want to give that a try.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for time and reply!  I will complete the steps identified in the troubleshooting guide.  In the meantime, are any of the items in my event log an issue?

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Expert

@cbears1 wrote:

I will complete the steps identified in the troubleshooting guide.  In the meantime, are any of the items in my event log an issue?

The events you see in the event log are probably just muck from rebooting the device. I'd go ahead and clear it out and monitor for new events. It's normal to see some events/errors on any given day. If you are seeing many errors/events in a short period of time, it would be something that needs more investigation. 

Expert

Yes. Agree with @Nerdburg

Events that are time-stamped "Time not established" really don't count as being credible as they are typically just one single event due to the modem not being in synch mode yet. It makes things look worse than they really are until the modem is actually synched with the system and the time server is contacted.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks again for your replies and efforts.  I cleared the event log on the modem and completed the steps identified in the troubleshooting guide.  Unfortunately, same results and no improvement.  Any other suggested next steps?

Thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all your help so far! Speed is still terrible. Anybody have any ideas?
Frequent Visitor

Any help?
Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi, cbears1! Thank you for posting in our community. How do you check your speed? What website do you use? Have you tried speedtest.xfinity.com? If yes, have you tried to switch between IPv4 and IPv6 settings? Do you check speed directly from the modem and bypass router? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, cbears1! Thank you for posting in our community. How do you check your speed? What website do you use? Have you tried speedtest.xfinity.com? If yes, have you tried to switch between IPv4 and IPv6 settings? Do you check speed directly from the modem and bypass router? 

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I am using the speedtest.xfinity.com site.  I've tried both IPv4 and IPv6 settings.  I've checked the speed bypassing the router.  Unfortunately, no luck.  My download speeds are not good.  Thanks again!

Official Employee

@cbears1 -  Thank you for letting me know! Let me check your RF signal levels from my side. Could you please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement?  Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.