Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

CM-STATUS message sent

Frequent Visitor

CM-STATUS message sent

Have new Netgear CM-1000 modem.  Has been up and running for a few months for no events.

In the last couple of days been getting the following event.

2018-04-18, 00:43:25 Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33 ; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1 .;CM-MAC=b0:39:56:99:c4:69;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:65:ae:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2018-04-18, 00:43:05 Notice (6)

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 33 ; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1 .;CM-MAC=b0:39:56:99:c4:69;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:65:ae:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I not sure I want to talk to tech support since they just follow a script which is something like, reboot the modem,  we don't see anything on our end.  I can send a tech which does not really help becuase it a customer owned equipment.

Can anybody just explain what this is and is it worth a call to comcast.  And if so how do I get past level 1 and get to someone that can speak America and really get to the problem and not just send a tech and not really solved the messages.

Expert

Re: CM-STATUS message sent

Are you actually having any connectivity issues ?

What do the signal stat figures look like ? 

Also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Admin1

Re: CM-STATUS message sent

Hi n1sxl56 -- We can help with any connectivity issues you're having. Are you able to provide answers to EG's questions? This will help us understand what's going on.