Community Forum

Browsing History logs on router

New Poster

Browsing History logs on router

I desperately need to access the browsing history on my router, network traffic info, etc., for parental control purpose.  I need to know the following info:

Source IP: Where is the request from

Target IP: Where is the request sent to

Time of the traffic

Where do I find such info on Xfinity router?

Official Employee

Re: Browsing History logs on router

Hello, alamedakwong.

The only place you would be able to, would be our Xfi app, but I am pretty sure you can not see that information there. 

Personally, I use a 3rd party program on my PC to monitor information like you stated. 

There are a couple of really good programs you can find via a Google search!

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Can't do that with Comcast devices, or on other's individual computers FWIW, seems like they want to know what others are doing on other / network / their devices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

EG, oh gotcha! 

Thanks for catching that for me! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

No worries @ComcastMartin !! 🙂

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I remember being able to get to the user log level on routers before, when logging into the router as admin.  Current comcast router admin page only expose event & system logs, no user logs......Is there any way to get user level log from the router?

Official Employee

@alamedakwong - My apologies for the delayed reply. No, unfortunately, there is no way to get a user-level log from the router. Have you checked this article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-up-parental-controls-with-comcast-networking