Community Forum

Bridge Mode Not Working with Certain Router

New Poster

Bridge Mode Not Working with Certain Router

Hello, I've been having a certain issue.

In my home, we own multiple gaming consoles, and because of that, I resorted to buying a "gaming" router which allows all consoles to gain OPEN NAT since the Xfinity Router XB3 does not allow us to do multiple PortForwards for the same consoles.

Been trying to get it working but according to the instructions I need to set my Xfinity Gateway (The XB3) into Bridge Mode. I've done it countless times now and no luck. I connect my home computer to the router in Bridge Mode and there's an internet connection, no problem. I connect my gaming router (Netduma R1) to the router (Bridge Mode Enabled) and there is no internet access on the gaming router. What could be the issue? I've tried everything I could look up, so now I am here on the forums.

So quick summary.

1. Bridge Mode Enabled on Xfinity Router (XB3)

2. Internet connection detected on Computer

3. No Internet connection detected on Gaming Router (Netduma R1)

4. Gaming Router connected to Port 1 on Xfinity XB3 Router

P.S.  Gaming router gains internet connection when XB3 has Bridge Mode Disabled. But get DOUBLE NAT Errors.

Expert

Re: Bridge Mode Not Working with Certain Router

Since the XB3 works fine in Bridge Mode when connected to your computer, it's likely a configuration issue with the Netduma router. 

You're probably going to find answers quicker on Netduma's support site:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Did you power-cycle / re-boot the XB3 after placing it in to bridge mode and having the Netduma router connected to port # 1 ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

What @EG said:

1. Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet
  2. Unplug your router from the electrical outlet
  3. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet and wait for it to get fully online (watch the indicator lights.)
  4. Plug your router back in. 

BTW Love my Netduma, geofiltering rocks.