Community Forum

Blocking ports on ps4? (Only Xfinity)

New Poster

Blocking ports on ps4? (Only Xfinity)

I go on my ps4 and i wanna share play with my friends. I can share play with them but i cant host a share play, i can only join one. All my friends with Xfinity cant host one, but the ones with fios can. This literally started about 1 month ago, and i never had a problem with it until then. Could Xfinity be blocking ports?

Expert

Re: Blocking ports on ps4? (Only Xfinity)

No, Xfinity isn't blocking anything. SharePlay will keep old IP addresses associated your user profile sometimes. Forget your friends, restart your PS4 and then friend them again. They should do the same for you. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried it and it didnt work. Even if  they aren't blocking ports or whatever, its still on Xfinity's part because only me and my friends  with Xfinity are having this problem. My friends with other isp's aren't.

Expert

Is this a rented Comcast gateway, or do you own your own modem and router? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Ive owned it for 2 years without problems (untill now)

New Poster

Have you figured this out? I am having the same issue on my owned modem.
Highlighted
Expert

Test your network connection and see what it says. 

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

New Poster

Doesn’t work need better solution
New Poster

It’s not the ports it’s not my internet connection/speed or any of that matter it’s the modem not working along with pan servers. Especially the new modem had Comcast change the modem not to long ago and problem only arises from the switch tried many things doesn’t work the only way to know how to fix is for someone to have dealt with it and solved it themselves. It’s been pretty frustrating to say the least. I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution
Expert

Old thread closed. Please start a new thread.