Community Forum

Block a Malicious IP

New Poster

Block a Malicious IP

Is there a way to block an IP that Norton indicates is a malicious IP?  I lease my router from Xfinity. Norton is blocking it but I don't want it getting past the router.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Block a Malicious IP

Blackbear9, thanks for reaching out here! I understand how important it is to ensure everything is safe. Have you heard about the new feature, xFi Advanced Security? xFi Advanced Security gives added peace of mind for your home network by preventing you from inadvertently visiting malicious sites or downloading dangerous files, as well as blocking remote access to smart devices from unknown or dangerous sources. Advanced Security monitors devices real-time and will alert you when devices are behaving in unusual ways that could indicate a network threat. It will also adapt to your home network and get smarter over time to keep up with new threats.

Check out more here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-advanced-security?pc=1

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!