Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Blast service

New Poster

Blast service

Blast ?????????

Is anyone out there been paying for this " BLAST " wifi service and not geting it ??  I've been paying for this service for over 6 months and havne't gotten better than 30 meg speed but a hand full of times.  They replaced the modem late last year and after a few weeks, there went the speed again.........Darnit.  I see all these ads for " better, faster " service but don't trust it.  Much less spend MORE MONEY  for POORER SERVICE !!!!!!!

Been a Comcast customer for many years now and frankly wish there was another decent option out there.......actually wish Comcast would make right what they proclaim.......WE CUSTOMERS ARE NUMBER ONE !!!!!

Enough for now, I have to wait for this to upload and get back to my emails...........

Frito1955

Expert

Re: Blast service

What do you get for the upload speed ? What is the exact make and model number of your modem ? What do you get with a hardwired connection rather than WiFi ?
New Poster

not sure about the modem numbers and can get them later but, if they put this new black modem in, it should have kept the spped longer than it did.  All tests say it's working fine and that's a #%%.  It's 12:37 am and it's so slow, after cutting EVERYTHING  off, I'm throwing things........not....but really want to !!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!!!!

kk

Expert

@kak55,

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Expert

@kak55 wrote:

not sure about the modem numbers and can get them later but, if they put this new black modem in, it should have kept the spped longer than it did.  All tests say it's working fine and that's a #%%.  It's 12:37 am and it's so slow, after cutting EVERYTHING  off, I'm throwing things........not....but really want to !!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!!!!

kk

You didn't answer this question. Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?