Community Forum

Blast internet speed

New Poster

Blast internet speed

I currently have blast internet speed which according to Comcast should be up to 150 Mbps. I have never gone over 40 Mbps? This speed was determined by Comcast speed test site?

Can anyone explain this ?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Blast internet speed

What are you getting for the upload speed ?

Official Employee

Hi Blundgren207,   I am showing we had a technician out recently, were they able to get your internet speeds corrected?

Thank you 

New Poster

The technician put an amplifier on my system. He was able to get readings over 100 Mbps on his iPhone. Some of my devices get around 30 to 40 Mbps.

New Poster

Upload 12 Mbps.

New Poster

Just like mine. I have had techs out, replaced modem, etc. Never get over 40 Megs download, never faster than 12 Megs uploads. The whole Blast is a crock.

New Poster

Also, I have had the techs tell me they get over 100 Meg speeds when they connect with their phone. I just don't believe anything Comcast or their employees say.

Just wait for them to further throttle your speeds now the Net Neutrality rule is gone.

With Comcast it is "give us the money, maybe we'll take care of you"

Regular Contributor

100M on an iphone sounds true.  It's most likely the WIFI card in your laptop limiting your speeds.  I'm running an Intel 72xx AC card and able to push speed tests to 500M+ x 45M. The lower level Intel 31xx cards only get 1/2 of that due to design.  I would put money on if you plugged in an Ethernet cable to your router you would see the same 100M+ speeds as the tech's iPhone.

New Poster

I seriously doubt 100mb speeds on an iPhone.  I have an Ethernet cable plugged directly into my cable modem which is < 1 foot from my laptop.  I consistently get 80-85 mbps down and 10-12 mbps up, a far cry from the advertised speeds Comcast touts.  Not an issue with my laptop as I get Gig speeds wihen I am in the office.  Not an issue with cable modem unless it is something Comcast configured so the problem must be wiht Comcast.