Community Forum

Blast costs ~$100 monthly but ~90 Mbs download with 14ms Latency

New Poster

Blast costs ~$100 monthly but ~90 Mbs download with 14ms Latency

Recent speed test incuding Xfinity test is averaging 95 Mbs download, 10.5 uploads with unusually high latency. Paying for Blast! monthy fees of $100.00 and my router and cable modem are current certified models. Previously had download tests aroung ~200 - 250 Mbs range.

If I downgrade my monthy service fee will I get higher download speeds as advertised?

Expert

Re: Blast costs ~$100 monthly but ~90 Mbs download with 14ms Latency

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Update. Ooma recommends connecting their VOIP device directly to the cable modem and then bridging from their device to the router. Vonage, my previous VOIP service connected to the router. Ooma's recommendation is that connecting the device to the modem first gave their device priority. Obviously too much priority!

By attaching the modem directly to the router and bridging from the router to the VOIP device I am now getting download speeds in excess of 240 Mbs. So the suggestion of testing the modem with a direct connection was helpful in isolating this problem. My update may be useful to other Ooma users who follow their connection recommendations. I will now go back to setting my priorities with the router.

Expert

Yep. Seen this many times before. Glad you got it figured out !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!