Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Blast! and Xfinity internet plan change

New Poster

Blast! and Xfinity internet plan change

So basically, my plan changed to the 25Mbps no blast one, and I was wonder if I were to up it back to my original at 60Mbps, and get blast, if I would get 100Mbps. I originally had an email saying I would be upgraded to 75Mbps for free, then on december 2017, upgrade to 100Mbps at no extra charge.

Important: My plan changed to 25Mbps AFTER I got the email for the 100Mbps upgrade.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Blast! and Xfinity internet plan change

Depends what area you are in as to what you get with free upgrades.

In my area: (Central Division)

Performance Starter went from 10 to 25

Performance 25 went to Performance 60

Blast! 75 went to Blast! 100

So if say you were on Performance Starter 25 you would have to pay to get Performance 60 or Blast! 100.

Official Employee

Hi Skivybiv, I can assist going over any upgrades with you, can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

New Poster

We are paying for Blast! but when I test the download speed it says we're only getting about 30Mbps. I live in Vancouver WA. How do I find out what speed we're supposed to be getting? My husband now works from home and he get's dropped regularly. 

Expert

What are you getting for the upload speed ?

See if it tells you the corresponding speeds of your speed tier here;

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

What is the exact make and model number of your modem ?

Official Employee

Hello @geriwifbks. I can help check your account for the speed you are paying for and help get your speed to where it should be. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.