Community Forum

Baffled: I cannot get to my Comcast Business connection from my Comcast home connection

New Poster

Baffled: I cannot get to my Comcast Business connection from my Comcast home connection

I'm absolutely lost. I have Comcast Business for a small business office (with static IP), and at home I have the regular Comcast residential (Xfinity).

I just noticed when I tried to RDP into a computer I have in the office that the connection could not be established.

At first I thought either my or the office's internet was down. But mine wasn't. And I could PING the office computer, so I know that wasn't down either. So I tried to connect to the office computer through another remote computer I have access to, in another office with Comcast Business, boom the connection goes through just fine. I then tried yet another dedicated server I rent in a remote datacenter not related to Comcast, also okay.

After I got into it through the other office, I checked all the firewall rules and port forwards over and over again and NOTHING was changed. Nobody magically set up something to block myself from that server or router, which makes sense because I AM the only person who manages them and have credentials to them.

Traceroute fine. Ping fine. But just plainly can't connect to it over any port. Not related to that latest Windows RDP patch, all computers are up to date. Tried to even enable a temporary HTTP server, FTP server, and for each of them, every other computer can access it EXCEPT my own home Comcast connection.

Could this be some super wierd routing problem? I honestly can't imagine even calling customer service for something like this, like how am I going to make them understand what's going on, when from their end they can see everything up and running?

Expert

Re: Baffled: I cannot get to my Comcast Business connection from my Comcast home connection

You might want to ask over on the Business Class forums: http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/ They would probably be best equipped to help you. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.