Community Forum

Awesun Download

Highlighted
Contributor

Awesun Download

A few moments ago got a call that Caller ID said was from Comcast (spoofed maybe?) that said he was a Comcast tech calling to tell me I had connectivity issues with the internet. (I've noticed no such problem, been surfing just fine.) He had me go online to speedtest.com which told me I have pretty good download speed; he says "Oh, no that's incorrect; you're not getting anywhere near that speed so I want you to go to awesun.com and download their software." WTH?? I told him that I don't download much without my techie's approval first and hung up. Anybody else? Think it's a scam or am I being too cautious?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Awesun Download

Scam. That’s a remote desktop you were being asked to download.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

FOR SURE !! I couldn't agree more with Andrew !! First they get you to install that. Then they try to remote in to your computer and have their way with it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, all; I figured they were trying to get remote ctrl of my comp; so I'm glad I hung up.