Community Forum

Average cost of having xfinity run a new cable in the house

Frequent Visitor

Average cost of having xfinity run a new cable in the house

Pretty sure I know why I'm not getting my full bandwidth per my upgrade package (250Mbits). It's got to be the old coax. When we bought the house, it just had a TV antenna. In fact, the antenna was a large one and installed in the attic. But I recall when the service tech first wired us up in 2008 or so, there was a large loop of coax that he left in place. Also, the run meanders from one end of the house to the other and then all the way into the basement.

It can be dropped straight down into the basement right from where it comes into the attic. Approximately  20 ft vs 100. It's worth doing and I would prefer to pay somebody if it wasn't too much. Even if it's not the ultimate cause, I think this is something that should be eliminated first.

So any idea of average cost for an xfinity tech to do this. The attic is hard, it's full of blown in insulation.

MOTOROLA 16x4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420,

Selection_043.png

thanks

-jim

Expert

Re: Average cost of having xfinity run a new cable in the house

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Another attempt at posting the image:

5U2q8DA

Official Employee

Hey there, tashicom, thank you for reaching out here. If you would just like a new coax cable, we can send a tech out there for $70. However, I'd be happy to troubleshoot further to see if this can be resolved with remote troubleshooting. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can check out your signals, etc. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!