Community Forum

Arris sbg6782-ac won't activate on comcast

New Poster

Arris sbg6782-ac won't activate on comcast

This question is specifically for ArrisTuska who in a post dated 01/24/18 resolved a problem with the sbg6782-ach activating with comcast.  I believe it had to do with old codes. My
6782 was purchased 2yrs ago new from amazon, never opened until today (long story) when I tried to replace my old rental modem over the phone with comcast tech. All green leds come on but online led just flashes.  Tech said she could see the lights, it just won't activate.  We tried everything even waiting 30 min when another Tech called back and then ran a diagnostic on it. Nothing worked. The archived post was called "Comcast won't connect my modem, Why?" Something like that. Would greatly appeciate any assistance.

New Poster

Re: Arris sbg6782-ac won't activate on comcast

I’m having the exact same issue with my SBG6782-AC. Have tried several times to activate/provision with Comcast reps and have been given different reasons why this wasn’t possible each time. The online “globe” light only blinks and never connects to the network. I would like a resolution to this, but the only answer Comcast has offered is to rent a Xfinity provided modem.
As of 08/06/18 I am still unable to activate the modem and am out the purchase price because the period for return has lapsed.
Tags (1)