Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Arris TG862G: Status/Info Page In Bridge Mode

Frequent Visitor

Arris TG862G: Status/Info Page In Bridge Mode

Does anybody know if there is a URL on a Arris TG862G configured in bridge mode with information about battery status, firmware version, downstream/upstream channels, etc?  If I remember correctly, the Arris TM722G and TM822G had a status/info page with some of that info.

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Arris TG862G: Status/Info Page In Bridge Mode

That modem uses a different default IP address range. Its default address is actually 10.0.0.1. I noticed last night that Comcast must have done something to the modem which is now allowing me to log back into the admin interface. When I first set it up in bridge mode, my access to that interface went away, and I thought that was the expected behavior. Thus the reason I post my question to this forums. The modem is still in bridge mode, and one of the logs shows the modem was rebooted two days after I set it up! 

All Replies
Expert

You may be able to view the modem's signal status and the error log entries here;

http://192.168.100.1

Frequent Visitor

That modem uses a different default IP address range. Its default address is actually 10.0.0.1. I noticed last night that Comcast must have done something to the modem which is now allowing me to log back into the admin interface. When I first set it up in bridge mode, my access to that interface went away, and I thought that was the expected behavior. Thus the reason I post my question to this forums. The modem is still in bridge mode, and one of the logs shows the modem was rebooted two days after I set it up! 

Expert

Yes I'm aware of the 10.xxx address when it is in router mode. In the past, the CC supplied gateway device's firmware loads were coded to change the user interface page's access address to the 192.xxx that I posted when in bridge mode to be able to view only the cable modem's component signal status and error logs since the other info no longer applies as it is no longer acting as a router.