Community Forum

Arris TG1682G

New Poster

Arris TG1682G

Seems like since I've had Xfinity internet, some new problem comes to light every few days. Recent problems appeared to be resolved when an Xfinity tech replaced their modem/router unit.

But, after just a few days, then noticing one of my devices suddenly not connecting to the router, I attempted to log into the router and view connected devices and other detail.

My PC was connected to the modem/router via Ethernet and my iPhone via WiFi and both were reaching the internet. My LAN settings shows that I'm connected to the internet.

Using 10.0.0.1, I was able to log in, but, I don't know if I had the wrong password or what, so it was blocking me from access, but it appeared that I was logged in...but I was only able to view, essentially, the overview page. When I tried to view connected devices, it showed none. No specific information pertaining to my networked devices was viewable.

I also noticed that there was a line of text at the top of the page when I was logged in that said the bridge mode was enabled. Since, I am using only the router built into the Arris modem, I tried to turn bridge mode off multiple times, but the text saying "this device is in bridge mode" remained.

I logged off, rebooted the modem/router and my PC (each more than once) and all I've been able to get to come up when logging in to 10.0.0.1 is a full Xfinity screen titled Personalize Your WiFi.

The first time this screen came up, I named the WiFi and gave it a password (this had already been done previously by the tech who installed the modem)...thinking I would then be shown the regular router screen settings. Nope. Personalize screen remained with no other options. Logging off the router and back in continues to show this same Personalize screen.

It appears that I have no access whatsoever to the router settings.

Ideas?

Expert

Re: Arris TG1682G

chuckm0915 wrote:

Seems like since I've had Xfinity internet, some new problem comes to light every few days. Recent problems appeared to be resolved when an Xfinity tech replaced their modem/router unit.

But, after just a few days, then noticing one of my devices suddenly not connecting to the router, I attempted to log into the router and view connected devices and other detail.

My PC was connected to the modem/router via Ethernet and my iPhone via WiFi and both were reaching the internet. My LAN settings shows that I'm connected to the internet.

Using 10.0.0.1, I was able to log in, but, I don't know if I had the wrong password or what, so it was blocking me from access, but it appeared that I was logged in...but I was only able to view, essentially, the overview page. When I tried to view connected devices, it showed none. No specific information pertaining to my networked devices was viewable.

I also noticed that there was a line of text at the top of the page when I was logged in that said the bridge mode was enabled. Since, I am using only the router built into the Arris modem, I tried to turn bridge mode off multiple times, but the text saying "this device is in bridge mode" remained.

I logged off, rebooted the modem/router and my PC (each more than once) and all I've been able to get to come up when logging in to 10.0.0.1 is a full Xfinity screen titled Personalize Your WiFi.

The first time this screen came up, I named the WiFi and gave it a password (this had already been done previously by the tech who installed the modem)...thinking I would then be shown the regular router screen settings. Nope. Personalize screen remained with no other options. Logging off the router and back in continues to show this same Personalize screen.

It appears that I have no access whatsoever to the router settings.

Ideas?

Have seen a few posts with your exact same issue.... you may need to call into Comcast so that they can take the device out of bridge mode.

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

I have this gateway and have not experienced this problem. It almost sounds like bridge mode was enabled when it was originally set up.

You will see the wifi set up screen after a factory reset. If you go ahead and personlize the wifi there, you should be able to go to 10.0.0.1 after that as normal. Bridge mode should be automatically disabled after a factory reset.

(the log in to the admin tool at 10.0.0.1 is admin/password)

New Poster

Thanks for your input, I'll give it a try.