Community Forum

Arris TG1682G Question

Frequent Visitor

Arris TG1682G Question

I own this model, bought from Amazon, it says Xfinity on it, also in the settings browser.  but it is old firmware not updating.  Arris says Xfinity does the updating of firmware for it.  how does one get it to get that firmware update. 

installed on modem.......   9.1.103M2AC.SIP.PC20.CT

newest available...........   10.0.132.sip.pc20.ct

Expert

Re: Arris TG1682G Question

The Arris TG1682G is not available for retail sale. It is only a rental device. Are you referring to the Arris TG862G which is their only gateway available for retail sale? Comcast automatically updates the firmware through the CMTS. What or who told you there was firmware update available?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

ahh yes you are correct.  I had that model number wrote down, as it was what I had before the new purchased on of the model you mentioned.  my bad on that one.  could of sworn I chenged that in my notebook.  they are exactly alike in every way from unit to online settings guess I never  updated notes.  still unit never has got a firmware update, but not seeing that there is one noted online so my guess there is not one maybe.  performance has declined somewhat on it, reset did not help, was just wanting to try a update before a upgrade to newer modem possibility.  I see there is a update model

ARRIS SURFboard SVG2482AC.

thanks for your repsonse, sorry for the interuption Smiley Happy 

Expert

Wait. For my better understanding, you have the SVG2482AC, correct?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!