Community Forum

Arris SB8200 modem for 1 gig down.

Frequent Visitor

Arris SB8200 modem for 1 gig down.

Hello everyone, 

Here's the story, I am looking for an internet plan that will give me higher than 11 mbps upload.  After talking to support on the phone, it appears that the only way I am able to achieve this is by getting the 1gig down package so that I can get a 35mbps up (It's kind of unbelievable that I can't get higher upload speeds without going to 1gbps down). 

I am wondering if the Arris SB8200 modem (my current modem) is supported by comcast to have 1gig down speeds.  I was told that I would need to rent out a modem for me to get gig speeds? 

If my modem is not supported for 1gig speeds then will something like the netgear CM1150V-100NAS work?

Please confirm.  Thanks

Expert

Re: Arris SB8200 modem for 1 gig down.

That modem is fully compatible with their gigabit speed tier.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Am I able to talk to a comcast employee through here that can help me arrange getting gig speeds here for our plan?  It seems that telephone support keeps telling me that I cannot use my SB8200 for gig speeds and insist that I use one of comcast's modems.  Anyone able to help me arrange to change my current plan?  Thanks!

Official Employee

Hey there, Augmentum! I'd be happy to help change your package to something you love, thank you for taking the time to reach out. You can check out our approved modems here: https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so we can review some Gig deals together! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!