Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Arris SB8200 internet speed

Regular Visitor

Arris SB8200 internet speed

I recently bumped up my internet speed from blast 105Mbps to 300Mbps and purchased my own modem. I called Comcast to provision the new modem and register it and that process went great with one caveat. I'm now paying for 300Mbps but only getting 100Mbps while hard wired directly to the modem with a cat6 cable from my desktop pc(bypassing my asus router). The downlink shows blue(docsis 3.1) and the uplink shows green(docsis 3.0). I spent a good chunk of the weekend on the phone with technical support to no avail. The lady was very nice and helpful but ended up giving up and scheduling a technician to come out to my home on Friday .

I did some investigation on my end and found out the bootfile on my Arris SB8200 has been problematic with support flashing the incorrect file. I called Arris support and they had me set the modem back to factory settings and told me to call Comcast and have them reprovision the modem and to send the updated software. I called support back and they did this but I still can't push over the 100Mbps hump. How can I verify that the correct boot file has been installed? I hate to pay $60 for a tech to come out and tell me that they can't find anything wrong. We had new wiring to the house 2 years ago and new wiring in the house around the same time. There is one splitter in the whole line that I know of and there isnt another device connected except the cable modem. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Authorized Vendor

Re: Arris SB8200 internet speed

I will send you a PM to check..  But what are you sure your PC has a gig card in it and not a 100M card in it?

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Regular Visitor

The PC(my last gaming rig) I have directly connected uses a Realtek 8111DL. I just verified it's 10/100/1000. I also tried the tests on another newer wired PC on my network by swapping cables and we still couldnt break the 100 barrier.

Thanks,

Regular Contributor

There's been some reports of doing a 30 second reset on the modem will resolve the issue.  

Authorized Vendor

I took a look and you have the correct bootfile..  cfg=d11_m_sb8200_extreme_c01..  and I see that the RF side is setup for over 300M, so next question..  Can you access the 192.168.100.1 page does it show a 1000 or 100 connection on the ethernet port?

Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Authorized Vendor

Sent you a PM with the upstream issues we are seeing..