Community Forum

Arris SB8200 Modem Needs Second IP Address to Use Both Gigabit Ports (Redux)

Regular Visitor

Arris SB8200 Modem Needs Second IP Address to Use Both Gigabit Ports (Redux)

Apologies if need be - I researched this site and found my specific issue referenced (and answered/supported by @ComcastAlly ) at:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Getting-a-second-IP-address-for-my-SB8200-Modem/td-p...

I subscribed to the above topic and attempted to append my query to the original discussion to no avail.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Arris SB8200 Modem Needs Second IP Address to Use Both Gigabit Ports (Redux)

Good morning, Communitarian! A second IP is available in some areas. I would be happy to check the account and see if it's available for us to add. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Arris SB8200 Modem Needs Second IP Address to Use Both Gigabit Ports (Redux)

Communitarian, I'm glad that I was able to add the additional IP address on the account. Please reach out again if you need anything else! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!