My area seems to be getting bad again. The upstream channel power is creeping up:
Since my prior attempts at getting help from Comcast on this have not worked, does anyone have a good strategy on how to get them to fix?
No one can see it? I see it here in the post.
Some images need to be manualy approved before they will show up publicly. You didn't do aynthing wrong. I asked someone to apporve the image(s}.
Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. (If you haven't already) Thank you!
Yeah, I can only see the Upstream levels as well.
The upstream power levels on my SB8200 used to be like that until I moved it to a different location, bypassing what turned out to be a problematic stretch of internal wiring.
You could try connecting the modem to the demarcation point where your cable enters your home and see if the problems persist.
The cable was put in from the street to the point it enters my house in July 2017 by a Comcast technician. It has one splitter only that splits the signal into 4 outlets. The cable modem is only 5 feet of cable from the splitter.
Of course, if I remove the splitter, the upstream signals will improve, but what practical solution is that? I would not have any TV signal to the cable boxes, if the splitter is removed.
I used to have an amplifier (put in by Comcast). But with that in place, the downstream power levels get out of spec ---- close to 15 dB!
The upstream power levels seem to be below 50 dB for a while, but something happens (maybe the comcast amp at the curb?)
Just out of curiosity, how long has it been online? The uncorrectables seem quite excessive as well. The T3 errors prove an issue. If you can see the line from the splitter to the modem, what condtiondoes the line look? If it looks ok, at that point I would think you might need a technician visit to rectify the upstream problem.
Your power levels are all well within specification, even your upstream (+54dBmV is the upper limit.) Your modem will actually perform fine beyond that as long as you have a clean signal. And that is your problem, the error correction reporting and error log are indicating a noise issue. This could be something as simple as a bad connector or a bad line to your house. If everything looks physically fine to you, you'll probably need a tech to sort it out.
I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread.
Hi Stangeek, I can help review signals on my side with you. Could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number?
Thank you, comcastPhill. After 5 minutes of looking around this site on how to send a PM, I gave up. If you have some guidance on that, I welcome it.
After a week, the upstream power levels all went back into the low 50s, so now I am not really sure the change of cable did anything. It seems the levels just creep up and when the modem is power cycled, the "test" returns lower upstream levels.
So, maybe I just need to unplug the modem every week. :-)
After 5 minutes of looking around this site on how to send a PM, I gave up.
Here's a direct link to his PM inbox;
It may be hidden by a contrast setting in your browser. I installed a Chrome extension for High Contrast.
It is enabled for everyone.