Community Forum

Arris SB8200 Blue light issue

New Poster

Arris SB8200 Blue light issue

So I have gig internet and I have the Arris Sb8200 which supports gig internet and is approved by Xfinity. My download speeds are very nice and the light is blue but my upload speed is only around 30mbps and the light is green. I’ve had Xfinity come out and they said it was the modem so I got a new one and still the same issue. He said he connected my internet to his modem and both lights were blue. What’s the problem? They said the modem was defective but me getting 2 defective modems is hard for me to believe. Just trying to get what I pay for. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Expert

Re: Arris SB8200 Blue light issue

FWIW, 35 Mbps is the advertised upload speed for the gig tier. You'll never get a blue light as Comcast doesn't yet offer DOCSIS 3.1 for the upstream side.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @JordanC1, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! The information EG provided was correct and I hope it was helpful. Just to confirm, are you pulling the 30mbps upload speeds on the new modem as well? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@JordanC1, we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this upload speed concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.