Community Forum

Arris SB6190 need to be provisioned correctly - Need Help from a Knowledgeable Comcast Employee

Regular Visitor

Arris SB6190 need to be provisioned correctly - Need Help from a Knowledgeable Comcast Employee

Two weeks ago I upgraded to Blast Speeds (150 Mbps) but I'm still getting ~30 Mbps. I contacted Xfinity customer support three times. I conectted directly (ethernet cable) to the SB6190 cable modem with tech support but still gettng ~30Mbps. A Xfinity tech visited ($60 ouch) and found no problem on the wiring it says that it is the cable modem. Suggested me to look at this forum. I found that many owners had problems with the provisioning of this modem and that @ComcastElla was able to help them. Could you look at my modem provisioning? Any help will be greatly appreciatted. Modem is 4 months old and don't want to throw it away without trying.

Expert

Re: Arris SB6190 need to be provisioned correctly - Need Help from a Knowledgeable Comcast Employee

First, unplug the modem from the coax cable for 30 seconds, then use a bent paper clip or SIM card removal tool to press the tiny, recessed Reset button on the back for 30 seconds. (This will force a factory reset of the modem and thus will be able to download the correct firmware. ) The lights in front will power off momentarily and begin to light up.

Unplug it from power for 30 seconds, then reattach the coax, then the power connector. 

If this doesn't work, this might be an account issue and we'll go from there. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Arris SB6190 need to be provisioned correctly - Need Help from a Knowledgeable Comcast Employee

Hi, dehoyosc - Welcome to our community! I received your private message and will reply back in a second. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm also having this issue with this modem. Has a dolusolu been discovered? Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi, andrearar! Thank you for posting. We don't have any known issues with Arris SB6190 modem. If you have any issues with the internet connectivity - I'd be happy to check your account. I received your private message and will reply back in a minute. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.