I purchased the ARRIS SB6190 new from Amazon back in April of 2017. After having Comcast/Xfinity re-route and install a new line into my home office - I was reaching speeds up to 200 down on both wired and 5G wireless in my home.
At some point, we noticed that our speeds had diminished in comparison and after some tests on multiple devices both connected wired and wirelessly - were contanstly capped at 33-34MBPS. I have reached out to customer support and they cannot indentify any issues in my area or with my account. They've provisioned the router at least two times during that call and verified the bootfile and settings on the account are correct (although I can't actually promise that's true).
At this rate, I'm beginning to think it is the firmware, but I don't believe there is anything I can do to fix that. Any information or support would be extremely helpful - We pay for the extra speed because I work from home and need the additional speed for own projects and to share with the family.
Solved! Go to Solution.
For a test, what do you get with a computer hardwired directly to the 6190 (no router in the mix) ?
Same. Everything, regardless of the devices are maxed out at 33/34. Here are screenshots done from after i got the modem, to just a few days ago (the top screenshot is actually from 5Ghz wireless connection and the bottom is hardwired).
I have a tech coming tomorrow to check everything.
According to the ARRIS help page, all my settings are correct. Here is the info pulled off the modem, still maxing out at 33.
|Standard Specification Compliant||ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem / Retail|
|Acquire Downstream Channel||Locked|
|DOCSIS Network Access Enabled||Allowed|
|Downstream Bonded Channels|
|Channel||Lock Status||Modulation||Channel ID||Frequency||Power||SNR||Corrected||Uncorrectables|
|1||Locked||256QAM||21||663.00 MHz||0.40 dBmV||38.61 dB||91||0|
|2||Locked||256QAM||1||543.00 MHz||-1.50 dBmV||40.95 dB||89||0|
|3||Locked||256QAM||2||549.00 MHz||-0.60 dBmV||40.37 dB||77||0|
|4||Locked||256QAM||3||555.00 MHz||0.00 dBmV||40.95 dB||113||0|
|5||Locked||256QAM||4||561.00 MHz||0.80 dBmV||40.95 dB||70||0|
|6||Locked||256QAM||5||567.00 MHz||1.00 dBmV||40.95 dB||65||0|
|7||Locked||256QAM||6||573.00 MHz||1.30 dBmV||43.38 dB||54||0|
|8||Locked||256QAM||7||579.00 MHz||1.20 dBmV||40.95 dB||67||0|
|9||Locked||256QAM||8||585.00 MHz||1.20 dBmV||40.37 dB||84||0|
|10||Locked||256QAM||9||591.00 MHz||1.00 dBmV||40.37 dB||65||0|
|11||Locked||256QAM||10||597.00 MHz||0.90 dBmV||40.95 dB||47||0|
|12||Locked||256QAM||11||603.00 MHz||1.00 dBmV||40.95 dB||62||0|
|13||Locked||256QAM||12||609.00 MHz||1.10 dBmV||40.95 dB||35||0|
|14||Locked||256QAM||13||615.00 MHz||1.10 dBmV||40.95 dB||28||0|
|15||Locked||256QAM||14||621.00 MHz||0.70 dBmV||40.95 dB||39||0|
|16||Locked||256QAM||15||627.00 MHz||0.60 dBmV||40.37 dB||29||0|
|17||Locked||256QAM||16||633.00 MHz||0.50 dBmV||40.37 dB||46||0|
|18||Locked||256QAM||17||639.00 MHz||0.70 dBmV||40.95 dB||40||0|
|19||Locked||256QAM||18||645.00 MHz||0.80 dBmV||40.37 dB||77||0|
|20||Locked||256QAM||19||651.00 MHz||0.50 dBmV||40.95 dB||56||0|
|21||Locked||256QAM||20||657.00 MHz||0.50 dBmV||40.37 dB||53||0|
|22||Locked||256QAM||22||669.00 MHz||0.40 dBmV||38.98 dB||81||0|
|23||Locked||256QAM||23||675.00 MHz||0.40 dBmV||38.61 dB||100||0|
|24||Locked||256QAM||24||681.00 MHz||0.30 dBmV||38.98 dB||90||0|
|25||Not Locked||----||25||435.00 MHz||----||----||----||----|
|26||Not Locked||----||26||441.00 MHz||----||----||----||----|
|27||Not Locked||----||27||447.00 MHz||----||----||----||----|
|28||Not Locked||----||28||453.00 MHz||----||----||----||----|
|Upstream Bonded Channels|
|Channel||Lock Status||US Channel Type||Channel ID||Symbol Rate||Frequency||Power|
|1||Locked||ATDMA||2||5120 kSym/s||36.50 MHz||43.75 dBmV|
|2||Locked||ATDMA||4||5120 kSym/s||23.70 MHz||43.75 dBmV|
|3||Locked||ATDMA||3||5120 kSym/s||17.30 MHz||43.75 dBmV|
|4||Locked||ATDMA||1||5120 kSym/s||30.10 MHz||43.75 dBmV|
The issue was found.
The technician found a really old filter on my line near the junction box in my neighbors yard. He says he's not sure why it was there or how long it's been there (but appears to be really old) and said I shouldn't have been getting 200 down with it before, maybe it was a fluke.
After removing, reboot and resending the bootfile to my modem, we are getting speeds up to 300 down now.