Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Area outtages

Contributor

Area outtages

In the last 2 months we have had 4 or 5 outtages in our neighborhood. Early on it was due to laying fiber in the neighborhood, and then there were outtages for inexplicable reasons. This is getting ridiculous. If they are doing work, why can't they email or let us know ahead of time? Some of us work from home and need a reliable connection.

Admin1

Re: Area outtages

Hi Djarum -- Planned maintenance information is available on the My Account App and My Account web portal. The App and web portal will give you further details about the interruption. You can also sign up to receive text alerts when an interruption is detected. We also try to do any planned maintenance overnight when customer impact will be minimal. We aren't able to alert you ahead of time for anything that is unplanned as we don't know when unplanned issues will happen. 

Contributor

When they were laying fiber, there was no such information about planned maintainance, just that there was an outtage. This happened on several different occasions while they were laying fiber. I actually talked to the contractor and he said it had been planned for weeks. We got no such email or notification, only a notification that there was an outtage. After laying the fiber, several weeks later, it went down again, only to find out (3rd hand) that they were rebalancing the system. All this happened during the day. 

Admin1

Djarum -- What you're referring to is our Fiber Deep Network Improvement initiative. That type of work would occur during the day however customers were notified about this work. Letters were sent out a few weeks ahead of when construction would be taking place to alert you about this project. The letters stated that Door Tags would also be left before construction began. Those Door Tags were issued out 3 days before any construction began.