Community Forum

Anyone using Ring Video doorbell

New Poster

Anyone using Ring Video doorbell

Bought a Ring Video door bell that needs to work with wi-fi thru a Xfinity Arris?  Cannot get them to talk to one another!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Anyone using Ring Video doorbell

Same problem.  Waiting for reply from level 2 support at Ring Support.

Frequent Visitor

The advanced tech support guy at Ring.com got it working for me.  My router is a Technicolor TC8305C (rather than the Arris as valrb has), and the Ring support guy logged in remotely to my PC (using Go To Assist) and he changed some settings on the router for the doorbell device.  I'm fuzzy on the details, but the doorbell is now working along with everything else on my home network.  My suggestion is to call Ring tech support on the phone.  They were great.

New Poster

Sorry! I just saw your Message.  I gave up on Ring and returned to Home Depot where I bought it. I believe it had something to do with the power from transformer for existing door bell, It had a good 18.4 volts but every time I plug it in the video went out.

Thanks for your return reply.

New Poster

I just bought the Ring security kit (1 doorbell, 2 cams etc) and I'm having the same issue, I cannot connect to WiFi and have followed the steps many, many times with no results.  I'm apprehensive about having some tech from Ring remote into my computer, but that may be my only option.  Any other  suggestions?

New Poster

Same Problem. Just spent over an hour with Ring live chat. Their solution was a wifi extender. I have the Arris SBG6700AC. I get a black screen when trying to view alerts (motion or door bell press). Events don't show up in actiivity in the app. I switched from Verizon to Xfinity, worked fine with  verizon router. I'm beginning to think a new router is in order.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I have an Xfinity CISCO DPC3941t router/modem, and I cannot connect.  I did buy a Wifi extender, but it still doesn't work. I have several emails into Ring, even providing screenshots of the router screens, but they have stopped responding.  If they could just tell me what settings to change, I'll do it myself.

New Poster

Any luck with Ring and the router? Our Ring was working fine until Comcast made us upgrade the router. Our Ring now connects to the wifi but not the internet. I'm getting responses from Ring, but nothing is working. It must be this router but i don't know what more to do.
New Poster

I just found out that my RING stopped working and wasn't sure if it corresponded with a router/modem update.

As it turns out I belive it did.  Same symptom, black screen when video starts.  What I ultinmately figured out is if you shut the firewall off everything works fine.  Am in the process of working with RING level 2 and comcast to see exactly what settings need to be changed in order to keep the firewall up and also have the ring unit work.