Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Another evening of crappy service

New Poster

Another evening of crappy service

So, after a long day, settled in to watch some streaming TV. Nothing too taxing for Comcast, just plain old standard definition on youtube. Sure enough, like clockwork, just after 9pm it starts to freeze... like most every night. Stops and starts, over and over.

Run speedof.me and I'm getting 4.5mbps download on my 25mbps line.

What do you want for $30/month, right?

Now, I see they are offering 60mbps for the same $30 rate. So, If I was to get that I might get around 20mbps at night. Is that how this is supposed to work? Pay for way more just to get way less?

You have to wonder... if Comcast can boost your speed by hitting a few keys on their computer and can offer 60mbps for $30/month on the very same system they and you had the day before, why are we being subjected to slowing speeds day after day?

Why is that, Comcast?

Expert

Re: Another evening of crappy service

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
New Poster

You just don't seem to get it do you.

New Poster
Official Employee

Hi wheresmyspeed, I can assist you with getting your speeds where they need to be. The information that (nerdburg) provided is a great place to start, if you have already done some basic trouble shooting I can take it from here. I will need to verify some information first, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, MAC address, and account number.