Hi there, I'm yet another user with an issue with port forwarding issues.
I have a service called webhook.exe that allows me to use webhooks to run tasks such as launching a program on my windows computer. However, no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've also been using a plex server and hosting a minecraft server (all for personal use, don't worry)
Port forwarding in general has been iffy. canyouseeme.org does see any ports I open, however actually connecting doesn't work. It always times out.
Here's what I've done:
- Assigned static IP addresses to the host device
- Messed with and even disabled the firewall on the host device
- Forwarded any number of ports to the host device
- Messed with DMZ settings for the device
- Disabled Advanced Security for the gateway
- Verified that the setup works from my computer on other networks
- Yelled and cursed at the gateway
- Prayed to Jesus for the gateway to start working
- Threatened the gateway
- Gutted another gateway in front of my gateway to set an example
- Turned everything off and on again.
- Sat depressed considering what brought me to this point in my life