Community Forum

Android phone says it's paused, but the phone doesn't show up on the xfi app device list.

New Poster

Android phone says it's paused, but the phone doesn't show up on the xfi app device list.

All of a sudden, my android phone shows that it is connected but with no internet connection. It also shows that it is in the paused mode, but I didn't pause it because my phone doesn't  show up on the xfi app device list. How can I unpause my phone so I can connect to the internet?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Android phone says it's paused, but the phone doesn't show up on the xfi app device list.

@Bonijohns wrote:

All of a sudden, my android phone shows that it is connected but with no internet connection. It also shows that it is in the paused mode, but I didn't pause it because my phone doesn't  show up on the xfi app device list. How can I unpause my phone so I can connect to the internet?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

How do I unpause a device?
If the device is individually paused, select the paused device in the Devices section, then select Unpause Device.

If the device is paused as part of a profile, select that profile, then select Unpause All Devices.

If the device is paused by Bedtime Mode, select the profile where the device is assigned, then select Wake Up.

• Note: This will unpause all devices assigned to the profile until the next scheduled bedtime.

Why is a device that has been paused still able to access WiFi?
Pausing a device may not immediately disrupt activity already in progress on that device. Also, the pause function only pauses WiFi access on your home network and does not impact access using cellular data, a public Xfinity WiFi hotspot or other available WiFi networks.

• Note: The pause function does not block connectivity to devices on a local network (i.e., a network printer); it only prevents external connections (i.e., browsing and streaming).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.