Community Forum

Amazon kindle fire hd 7 gets authorization problem

New Poster

Amazon kindle fire hd 7 gets authorization problem

I just recently bought an Amazon Fire HD 7 that is not connecting to Xfinity WiFi. I can see on my computer that the device isn't connected. When I tried connecting the message was "authorization problem." I have Gateway ARRIS. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon kindle fire hd 7 gets authorization problem

@shastdee wrote:

I just recently bought an Amazon Fire HD 7 that is not connecting to Xfinity WiFi. I can see on my computer that the device isn't connected. When I tried connecting the message was "authorization problem." I have Gateway ARRIS. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.

I don't have Fire but it probably needs your SSID and password.  Do the instructions say anything about this?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Re: Amazon kindle fire hd 7 gets authorization problem

@shastdee wrote:

Have you enabled WiFi through the icon on your Fire?  Once you do that you should be able to establish a new connection by putting in your SSID and password.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.