Community Forum

Amazon Echo Doesn’t See My Network

New Poster

Amazon Echo Doesn’t See My Network

I have had my Echo for a couple years now. I recently moved and had to have the techs come out to run cable to my new house. They set it all up and switched out my router and cable box to newer ones without me realizing, which is fine, but now I cannot get my Echo back on the internet. They did have me type in a name and password for the router so I know what it is. I have been able to connect my phone, lap tops, and printer to the network so the credentials are accurate. It’s been two weeks of reading through possible ways to fix this, and I can’t. I used the Alexa App to go through the setup to get my Echo on the internet. I’m very familiar with what I’m doing there. The problem is that when I get to the screen where all the available wireless networks are shown, neither of my networks are to be found. I have a regular and a 5G. I have tried typing in the network name and password but still nothing happens. I have, of course, tried unplugging and plugging in everything and that does not work. Please someone help!
New Poster

Re: Amazon Echo Doesn’t See My Network

My Alexa would not connect to the internet either, or does my doorbell. When I called and asked they said they don’t have the capability to yet. That seemed weird to me. I went to my mothers house about 20 minutes away and she has xfinity and her Alexa and doorbell work. What’s up with that?