Community Forum

All Web Pages Give "Your connection is not private" Error

New Poster

All Web Pages Give "Your connection is not private" Error

I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Arris SB6183 modem. Connecting to the modem with an ethernet cable, my Laptop (Windows 10) reads as having internet access in the bottom right. Whenever I attempt to connect to a webpage with any browser, I get a "Your connection is not private" error message. This started yesterday 1/29/19 around 6PM. I have been using the modem, no issues, since 1/26/19. I talked to customer support, which transfered me to "Data usage" because my modem "could have been used for spam in the past." Data usage said they reprovisioned my modem, which did not solve the issue. They also told me to check my device compatiblity through Xfinity's site, which I did here, which it is compatible (?). Any help is appreciated.

Expert

Re: All Web Pages Give "Your connection is not private" Error

In Windows 10, have you checked your "Network and Internet" settings to make sure your Network is "Private"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes it is.
Expert

Have you tried *forgetting* that network in the dialog and then re-establishing / reconfiguring it from scratch ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Try these tips:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues