Community Forum

AirPort Extreme settings

New Poster

AirPort Extreme settings

I recently got an updated modem for Extreme internet. I successfully put the modem inBridge mode so I can use my Apple Router. Does anyone know the proper settings? DNS server, domain name, IP address, subnet mask? I have something wrong because I can use wireless from Apple router but not wired Ethernet.
Expert

Re: AirPort Extreme settings

You shouldn't need to enter any of that. Just use "Automatic Configuration / DHCP". If WiFi works, so should the wired ethernet. It all comes from the same LAN.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: AirPort Extreme settings

How did you configure the Airport Extreme? You should only have to use Airport Utility on your Mac or iOS devices to set up the router once, and that should take care of it. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!