Community Forum

Activation issues.

Highlighted
New Poster

Activation issues.

So, i got a new netgear modem and a new arris router.
When i try to activate the modem in it's app, everything connects but the internet.

I just got xfinity internet, and when i try to activate it here on the site, the page says "sorry, we cant find this device. We'll add this device and activate your service as quickly as possible".
Do i just have to wait?

What am i doing wrong??? All the lights on the router and modem tell me i have connection. What gives?

I am not tech savvy whatsoever so any help i can get is much appreciated.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Activation issues.

I am going through the same thing today.   the only agent I have been able to talk to was putting in wrong codes I found out.  then got hung up on after a hour 10 minute wait to try it again.  I am beyond mad right now   oh and yes  the app does not work either

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Have you attempted to activate your equipment on xfinity.com/activate?  What brand/model is your modem?  Just because you have lights doesn't mean it's connected.

Highlighted
Expert

@Kakarotto wrote:
So, i got a new netgear modem and a new arris router.
When i try to activate the modem in it's app, everything connects but the internet.

I just got xfinity internet, and when i try to activate it here on the site, the page says "sorry, we cant find this device. We'll add this device and activate your service as quickly as possible".
Do i just have to wait?

What am i doing wrong??? All the lights on the router and modem tell me i have connection. What gives?

I am not tech savvy whatsoever so any help i can get is much appreciated.

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !!!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!