Community Forum

Activating 2nd dynamic IP on SB8200

Highlighted
New Poster

Activating 2nd dynamic IP on SB8200

I have a surfboard 8200 and I need help getting the 2nd port from the modem to provide another IP address. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Activating 2nd dynamic IP on SB8200

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the quick response. It’s not listed on the rate card for my area. Interesting that this is being phased out. Appreciate your help!
Highlighted
Expert

Quite welcome !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@Bubba27 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. It’s not listed on the rate card for my area. Interesting that this is being phased out. Appreciate your help!

Unfortunately, the world is running out of allocatable IPV4 addresses; this has been known for decades.

Highlighted
Expert

@darkangelic wrote:

Unfortunately, the world is running out of allocatable IPV4 addresses; this has been known for decades.

I see that as being *fortunately* @darkangelic !! Smiley Wink