Community Forum

Acquiring second set of IP Addresses for Arris SB8200

Regular Visitor

Acquiring second set of IP Addresses for Arris SB8200

Hello,
I’m trying to see about getting a second set of IP addressing to allow me to use the second Ethernet port on my Arris SB8200. In two other post it was completed and I’m trying to figure out the process needed to get this done. I have networking projects I’m completing and I want to have them on a separate network so that they don’t interfere with everyone else’s usage. Let me know if additional info is needed. For reference: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Second-IP-Address-Needed-For-SB8200/td-p/3238391
Expert

Re: Acquiring second set of IP Addresses for Arris SB8200

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the info. It seems to only show the different plans available but there’s also a note about certain services being available separately, so I wasn’t sure if that fell under those services since there wasn’t a list.
Expert

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @dShon

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I can check to see if I'm able to assist you. In order to do so, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @dShon

Thanks for verifying your account information in a private message. I was able to confirm this feature is not available for residential accounts in your area. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future. Thanks for being a valued customer. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.