Community Forum

Access to Admin Tool has been blocked

Regular Visitor

Access to Admin Tool has been blocked

I tried to change the Admin password for my Gateway WiFi modem last night. I was initially able access the Admin Tool, and went to the Change Password screen. I entered a new password, then logged out and attempted to sign in again with the new password. I got the response that the username and password did not match. Tried the default password again and it still worked. Went through the change password procedure once more, logged out, and still the new password did not work. Tried this three more times before it finally appeared to take -- the number of asterisks matched the length of the new password, but no luck. After a few tries, got the message "User is blocked". Unfortunately, I didn't think to retry the  default until too late.

Does anyone know if it's possible to regain access, perhaps by contacting someone at Comcast, or if I might just need to get a new modem?

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Access to Admin Tool has been blocked

View and Change Your WiFi Information Online with My Account

1. Visit www.xfinity.com/myaccount and sign in with your XFINITY username and password.
2. Select Internet.
3. Select Edit next to WiFi credentials. Here, you will see WiFi network name and password displayed.
4. You can change your WiFi name and/or password by selecting Edit, entering something new and selecting Save.

Note: This online tool supports all current XFINITY Wireless Gateway models.

Regular Visitor

EG

Thank you for your reply. However at the point where I click Edit, I get the response "WiFi Credential Settings are Unavailable". I tried at 11:00 am Saturday and again at 4:30 am Sunday. Might this also be related to my being blocked from accessing the Admin Tool at site 10.0.0.1?

Diamond Problem Solver

Have you tried calling a rep at 1-800-comcast ?

Regular Visitor

No, I was hoping to be able to avoid that  :-)

However, it may be a moot point now as I went to a Comcast store Sunday morning to upgrade my cable TV service, and when he looked at my account the Retail Sales Consultant said my router should be replaced with a new one for faster internet speed, and the technician will swap it out when he comes to install the other equipment I need.

Again, thank you for your help.

ps - kudos to the Consultant as he made me aware that with the cable upgrade I was making along with my adding Xfinity Mobile, I became eligible for a package that will lower my bill by $50 a month for 6 months, then an additional $20 for the next 18 months.