Community Forum

ARRIS SB8200 not getting proper speeds after upgrading internet service

Frequent Visitor

ARRIS SB8200 not getting proper speeds after upgrading internet service

Hello All,

I upgraded my internet service to the gigabit service. Went out and purchased a moden (Arris SB8200) and had a comcast installer come out and connect it for me (I would have done this myself but the sales person said someone had to check my cable line). Anyway, after he provisioned the modem it worked great and i was getting download speeds over 900mb and upload speeds over 40mb. I had to unplug my modem into another outlet and since the reboot i'm lucky if i get 250mb download and 5 mb upload speeds. I dont know what was lost in the reboot but i tried rebooting it again several times to no avail. I called customer service and all they can do is schedule another appointment for a comcast installer to come to the house again. Is their anyone out there who can properly provision this modem for me with out someone coming to the house. I dont think it really is needed. I am attaching a pic of my speeds before the reboot.

Thanks,

Mike

speed.png
Expert

Re: ARRIS SB8200 not getting proper speeds after upgrading internet service

1. You can try calling in to have a CSR reprovision your modem for Gigabit service.
  2. What do your signal stats look like? You can see them at http://192.168.100.1
  3. Have you tried to restart the router if you have one and the connected devices?
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me. I called and the CSR i spoke with could not re-provision it for whatever reason. Very shady. 

I am unable to get to the modems interface page at that IP.

Connected direcly to the modem. no router

Expert

How are the signal stats on the modem?

Frequent Visitor

I was able to fix this issue myself by re-registering the modem. Thanks

New Poster

Hey, what do you mean by re-registering the product?
Frequent Visitor

If you go to https://register.be.xfinity.com/activate you can activate your modem yourself without the need of a customer support rep.