Community Forum

ARRIS SB6190 Incompatible based on filters

New Poster

ARRIS SB6190 Incompatible based on filters

I have been having problems with my internet going in and out.  Looking at my modem (ARRIS SB6190) I see the error "Incompatible based on filters."  Don't know why my modem (purchased based on it being compatible) would not be incompartible.  Is that causing my internet problems, or is there another root cause that can be identified?  I do not have a problem with my TV service, so the signal coming into the house is not being interupted.  

I have tried turning the modem off and on and it still has the intermitent issues.  

Thanks,

Expert

Re: ARRIS SB6190 Incompatible based on filters

What tier are you subscribed to? Do you also have their home phone service?
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Rob-H wrote:

I have been having problems with my internet going in and out.  Looking at my modem (ARRIS SB6190) I see the error "Incompatible based on filters."  Don't know why my modem (purchased based on it being compatible) would not be incompartible.  Is that causing my internet problems, or is there another root cause that can be identified?  I do not have a problem with my TV service, so the signal coming into the house is not being interupted.  

I have tried turning the modem off and on and it still has the intermitent issues.  

Thanks,

You would show an Incompatible error message if you're subscribed to a higher speed tier than what the modem is rated for, or if you selected a feature that the modem doesn't have (such as WiFi or phone capability). 

That said, your internet service is most likely a separate issue. You can check the Troubleshooting Guide for help seeing where the problem might be, and if you still need help, come back with the required information in this post

In addition, the SB6190 has a host of documented issues, although I can't be certain if this relates to the problem you're talking about as you're not clear as to what it is. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the Blast Tier.  I thought the modem was more than enough to handle that speed.  If the ARRIS SB6190 has a number of reported issues is there a better cable modem to replace it with?  If the unreliability of this service is related to a hardware issue I woudl like to replace that.  

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

If you haven't yet done so, read the first blue colored link and then post the requested info from the second blue colored link that 

New Poster

Just relooked at (https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo) and the error has disappeared from the modem.