Community Forum

8 DIGIT PIN?

New Poster

8 DIGIT PIN?

WHAT IS AN "I DIGIT PIN" -  TRYING TO CONNECT MY WORK LAPTOP TO MY WIFI BUT IT SAYS THIS NUMBER WILL BE ON MY ROUTER... IT'S NOT

Expert

Re: 8 DIGIT PIN?

It's usually called the "Network Key" or the "Password" on that label

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The "password" doesn't work. No one before has had to give anything else but my network key.

Expert

Was it ever changed from its default value ? 

Is this a Comcast supplied gateway device ?

If so, see this;

You can also view and reset your Wifi password via your online account.

View and Change Your WiFi Information Online with My Account

1. Visit www.xfinity.com/myaccount and sign in with your XFINITY username and password.
2. Select Internet.
3. Select Edit next to WiFi credentials. Here, you will see WiFi network name and password displayed.
4. You can change your WiFi name and/or password by selecting Edit, entering something new and selecting Save.

Note: This online tool supports all current XFINITY Wireless Gateway models.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had this issue just now. HP laptop. Clicked “sign on with security key instead” within the little dialogue box. Entered my WiFi password. Worked!
New Poster

Where do I find the 8 digit pin number from the router label to connect to my computer ?So I can be able to print.

Silver Problem Solver

@celiajustin2020 wrote:

Where do I find the 8 digit pin number from the router label to connect to my computer ?So I can be able to print.

There should be a label on the bottom of the gateway.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@celiajustin2020 wrote:

It may be called the "Password" or the "Network Key" on that label.