Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

6 TV and cable modem best way to split? PCT MA28PN RF Amplifier Passive Return CATV Amp 8-Ports

Regular Visitor

6 TV and cable modem best way to split? PCT MA28PN RF Amplifier Passive Return CATV Amp 8-Ports

We have 6 TV and cable modem best way to split where cable enters house ? should I use PCT MA28PN RF Amplifier Passive Return CATV Amp 8-Ports

Reson we lose signal a lot on two of our boxes, one being a DVR box, the other one of those small boxes.

Tags (2)
Regular Contributor

Re: 6 TV and cable modem best way to split? PCT MA28PN RF Amplifier Passive Return CATV Amp 8-Ports

I would prefer a 2-way split from where the line comes into the house.  1 to the modem and the rest to everything else.  Since you have an amp installed it sounds like you have weak signals to begin with from the pole.  The modem is more sensitive than the TV usually.  If you have a weak signal it might be worthwhile to have a tech come out and check the lines and put in a ticket for a tier 2 tech to adjust the signals depending on what they find.

Official Employee

Re: 6 TV and cable modem best way to split? PCT MA28PN RF Amplifier Passive Return CATV Amp 8-Ports

If that’s the amp that you’re presently using it’s the wrong one for the equipment you have. You didn’t mention if all the lines are home ran or not. For X1 get a hold of one of these. Presently all of your levels, except for your modem, are crazy out of spec
B0327216-9989-415D-8349-8F8FA77E1D51.jpeg
Regular Visitor

All home runs with 4 splitters, Comcast installed amp on modem line
Regular Visitor

Was asking if we should get the splitter I asked about in first question.
Official Employee

Home runs means no splitters or all your outlets come back to one central point. What amp do you have now?
Regular Visitor

Thanks but if you have seven device and one cable coming into the home how would you hook up the seven devices with no splitters?

by Home run all the cables go to a central location and are hooked up to to the service cable from the street with five splitters, 3 double splitters and 2 triple splitters

Official Employee

You’ll notice the amp I posted a picture of a while back has 9 ports. Whatever you use has to also be able to pass Moca for the X1 platform to operate properly.
Regular Visitor

Yes thank you I’ve ordered it and should have Friday.
Again thanks.