Community Forum

5GHz not working

New Poster

5GHz not working

I just got the XF1 setup today and did the setup to have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. When I connect my PC to the 5GHz my computer slows down tremendously but my other devices seem to be fine. Is this something that is wrong with my PC or router? I have the modem/router xfinity gave me.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 5GHz not working

deleted

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Log onto the gateway at http://10.0.0.1 with the default username and password combo of admin/password

If it is your first time logging into it you may be forced to change the password.

Click Connection > Wifi

Two EDIT buttons will show up one for 2.4 and one for 5. Click the edit button for the 5 GHz. Are the channel bandwidth settings at least 20/40/80 selected?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@kingcrossibo wrote:
but my other devices seem to be fine.

Do you mean that other devices that are on the 5GHz band "are fine", or are these "other devices that are fine" on the 2.4 GHz band ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!