Community Forum

5 GHz is not showing in available networks

New Poster

5 GHz is not showing in available networks

I have a Netgear router and have done as everyone suggests. I changed the names of the 2.4 and 5 to be different. Everything looks good on the router end. I have the Wifi Analyzer and can see all my neighbor's 2.4 and 5, but only see my 2.4. Do I need to call Comcast to see why it is not broadcasting?
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: 5 GHz is not showing in available networks

You would call Netgear, for your personal router questions. Possibly, if you post your model, other forum members may be able to help you
https://www.netgear.com/support/

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

If the device / network client does not even support / have that capability, then it won't even see that band. Confirm that it does even support it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I've seen it in the past, so I know it has the capability.
Expert

O/k then look for Netgear support as this is not a Comcast issue. Good luck with it !!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!