Community Forum

400 Mbps

New Poster

400 Mbps

A couple of months ago I took advantage of the offer to ugrade my speed to 400 Mbps. The modem/router I was renting couldnt handle that speed so I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. The first couple of day I saw download speeds as high as 365 mpbs. Now I see no where near that. If lucky it might be hitting 195. This is the speed test through my PS4. The speed test I run through my hardwired laptop is around 90,. The wifi speeds are arounf 50. Not happy. 

Chris

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 400 Mbps

@cmdishr wrote:

A couple of months ago I took advantage of the offer to ugrade my speed to 400 Mbps. The modem/router I was renting couldnt handle that speed so I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. The first couple of day I saw download speeds as high as 365 mpbs. Now I see no where near that. If lucky it might be hitting 195. This is the speed test through my PS4. The speed test I run through my hardwired laptop is around 90,. The wifi speeds are arounf 50. Not happy. 

Chris

See if this helps:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

No responses as of yet

Expert

@cmdishr wrote:

No responses as of yet

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @cmdishr, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these slow speeds and we definitely want you to be receiving the speeds you're paying for. I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot and assist you with this on my end. Can you please send me a private message including your full name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message"

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@cmdishr 

And please post the requested info here publically so that all readers here may benefit, thank you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.