Community Forum

3 new modems all slow

Frequent Visitor

3 new modems all slow

I've tried three new approved modems, arris sb6190, netgear cm 1000 and linksys 3024, all slow speeds barely pull 100mbps...after numerous chats, tech calls and 3 in home tech visits, and directly connecting modem to street connection before the wiring in my home, still barely 100mbps. After the last tech visit, he tested an xfinity branded modem (tg1862 I think) and that pulled speeds near 300 mbps. All wiring in home is fine condition. So the only solution to get me 250mbps+ is to use the xfinity brand modem, costing $11/month, which I don't want to do as not cost effective. Why is this? Any ideas why 3 new approved xfinity modems won't pull fast speed and only the xfinity will?? Thanks
Expert

Re: 3 new modems all slow

If you're seeing 90+Mbps max hardwired, it's usually an indication that your network card is either set to 100Mbps max or it needs to be upgraded. If you were able to see 250Mbps on your machine with a rental modem, then I'd suspect a configuration error on Comcast's end. What modem are you using now?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing only around 95 to 100 both wireless and hard wired. Using sb6190 and linksys 1900acs router
Frequent Visitor

One thing to point out is my original end of life modem arris 6121 delivers 135mbps which is the functional limit for this older modem
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to review your account and check your modem status. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

If you feel like doing some troubleshooting on your own: See the troubleshooting guide.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I've been thru this a million times now in past 3 weeks
Official Employee

Hello Jellotot. I can assist in troubleshooting your speed issues with your / these modem(s). To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

Frequent Visitor

Ok pm coming your way