Community Forum

2.4 not broadcasting.

New Poster

2.4 not broadcasting.

I need the 2.4 option to work for my PS4. Light isn't showing up at all. Just installed the new gateway modem today.

I need the 2.4 for my ps4. Sony didn't make it capable of using the 5 option.

Already tried power cycling twice and restarted the PS4 too. The modem just is not broadcasting the 2.4 option.
Expert

Re: 2.4 not broadcasting.

@PS4_gamer wrote:
I need the 2.4 for my ps4. Sony didn't make it capable of using the 5 option.

Are you sure about that? The technical specs on the PS4 shows it has 802.11ac WiFI, which includes a 5 GHz band.

In any event, start with the Troubleshooting Guide , and if you still can't figure it out, post your system specs as outlined in this thread

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Diamond Problem Solver

You said that you tried powercycling it. Have you tried hard resetting to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds ? You will lose any customized settings.

Expert

Try this: Log into your device and change the name of one of the networks. Doesn't matter if it's the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz network. Then try connecting again. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.