New Poster

2.4 and 5g

Withe the gateway can I separate 2.4 and 5g
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: 2.4 and 5g

Yes, if you’re not using the pods
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

<p>What about if you ARE using the pods,. I just set up 3 of them. I was able to set them up with two different SSID but later while changing an optional setting it said i'd have to use one SSID to go into effect. I thought to myself, well i can always revert back if i want to. Apparently not, or at least the setting was moved or hidden,<br><br>There's a reason why i use two seperate SSID. I'm always putting in new smart devices or cameras, etc. Almost universally they are limited to 2.4G whereas the device setting up primarily mobile or desktop is running 5G. because it's faster. In the past i've run into issues with them not talking. <br>I'm reading up on the new mesh technology (as well as WiFI-6) and it does mention band steering for auto negotiating between 2.4 and 5G. I’m wondering if that has the intelligence to do that during such setups. I’m guessing it does not and bases choice purely on reception and bandwidth. </p>
Diamond Problem Solver

Then pods aren’t for you. Dead thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!