Community Forum

1Gig xfinity Service

New Poster

1Gig xfinity Service

I just went from 250mbps to 1gig and im only getting about 80-105mbps download speed as well as 40mb upload speed unwired.. Havnt hardwired yet but i didnt really want to.. Any solution on fixing these speeds considering when it was first setup a few hours ago it was running 950mb download.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 1Gig xfinity Service

@BigExONE wrote:
I just went from 250mbps to 1gig and im only getting about 80-105mbps download speed as well as 40mb upload speed unwired.. Havnt hardwired yet but i didnt really want to.. Any solution on fixing these speeds considering when it was first setup a few hours ago it was running 950mb download.

Any help here?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@BigExONE wrote:
 considering when it was first setup a few hours ago it was running 950mb download.

Are you saying that you were getting 950 via a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello BigExONE, thank you for creating a post her eon our forum. I understand it can be very frustrating to not get all the speed that you subscribe to so I'd like to look into this more for you from my end of things. But first I'd like you to try testing your connection via Ethernet cable to see if there is any difference in your results. Once you have completed your speed test please share the information with us here or you can send me a PM by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "send message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi BigExONE, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.